Four friends and I hiked from Lukla to the Everest Base Camp in November, 2019. It was incredible, spectacular, and very challenging.
Here are links to my articles describing that trek. I will post material periodically, so please visit this page often!
- Everest Base Camp Trek – Part 1: the first day, from Kathmandu up to Lukla, and on to Toktok;
- Everest Base Camp Trek – Part 2: days 2 through 7, from Toktok through Namche Bazaar, and up to Dingboche, at 14,500ft;
- Everest Base Camp Trek – Part 3: Day 8, from Dingboche up to Lobuche;
- Everest Base Camp Trek – Part 4: Day 9, from Lobuche to Gorak Shep, and up Kala Patthar;
- Everest Base Camp Trek – Part 5: Day 10, and part of Day 11, from Gorak Shep up to Everest Base Camp, and then down to Pheriche.
And don’t forget to visit my “New Hampshire 4000-Footer” series, for reflections on a career in international development and social justice, along with descriptions of climbing the 48 highest peaks in our state!